Reseller hosting can be the ideal solution for you when you have a large website and want run the different segments of your website on different servers. This can be more ideal and affordable than purchasing a hosting plan for every segment of your business. On the other hand, reseller hosting can allow you to offer website hosting service to third-parties without having to purchase the additional infrastructure such as the dedicated severs you would need.
But as much as it sounds like a good idea, selecting the right reseller hosting plan is important if you are going to get the maximum benefits of this highly profitable web hosting plan. When choosing the right reseller hosting service to use, there are several factors that immediately come to mind. Of these, the most important one is reliability which is especially more important if you will be offering web hosting services. You need a web hosting service that will be available to you and one that will give you the extra room you need to grow.
With so many web hosting services offering reseller hosting packages, it becomes necessary to have a strategy that can help you easily select the one you need. Here’s a simple guide you can use;
1. Begin by being clear on who your target audience is. This will help you easily determine the type of reseller hosting service you will need. For example, a Linux based system may be the best solution if you will primarily be selling hosting plans to bloggers.
2. Next, make a list of all the reseller web hosting services you are considering. This list can initially be comprised of hosting providers your friends and colleagues have recommended or those you’ve found from your own research.
3. Now for every hosting service on your list, determine the ones that provide the best features for your target audience. It is likely that many of them will but it is important that you only choose a reseller hosting service that has all the features you will need.
4. Once you have eliminated the hosting providers that are incompatible with your business, determine which ones fit into your budget. Understand that each hosting provider will have various packages to choose from and you should also never prioritize price above features.
5. The next thing to look for is customer service. Are they available to you 24/7 and on several platforms? This is very important especially when you expect the technical aspects of the business to be challenging for you.
6. Are they reliable? By now your list is only comprised of a few reseller hosting service providers. The final test is whether or not you can trust the company you choose to continue to provide you with adequate service. The best way to determine this is to look at customer ratings and reviews. You want to choose a reputable hosting company that will be there for you as your hosing business continues to grow.